Logo Design Fundamentals
This badge will appear on your profile once you complete this course.
Course Syllabuschapter 1
- 1. Welcome (3:36)
- Course Downloads
- 2. Tools Required (1:39)
- 3. History Of Logos
- 4. Inspiration (3:00)
- 5. Identity And Brand Ecosystem (1:37)
- 6. Creative Proceses (1:04)
- 7. Things To Avoid (2:39)
- Quiz: Introduction
- 8. Logo Fundamentals (0:58)
- 9. Types Of Logos (3:28)
- 10. General Terminology (1:57)
- 11. The Creative Brief (2:12)
- 12. Research (8:05)
- Quiz: Getting Started
- 13. Word Lists And Mindmapping (2:48)
- 14. Doodles (1:29)
- 15. Initial Sketches (1:43)
- 16. Choosing A Visual Approach (1:22)
- 17. Color Considerations (4:35)
- Quiz: Ideation
Approach 1: Vector Monogram
- 18. From Sketch To Comp (4:33)
- 19. Illustrator Drawing Tips (8:50)
- 20. Making A Monogram (5:31)
- 21. Flexibility (1:27)
- 22. Typography (7:36)
- Quiz: Approach 1: Vector Monogram
Approach 2: Handmade Combination Mark
- 23. Refining Your Sketch (11:16)
- 24. Brush Tool Basics (11:04)
- 25. Adding Color (9:09)
- 26. Vectorizing (7:32)
- 27. Adding Texture (5:46)
- Quiz: Approach 2: Handmade Combination Mark
Approach 3: Logotype
- 28. What Not To Do (1:49)
- 29. Picking The Right Font (2:18)
- 30. Manipulating Fonts (13:15)
- Quiz: Approach 3: Logotype
Partnering with The Client
- 31. Be Your First Critic (2:03)
- 32. Presentation Tips (5:23)
- 33. How To Handle Feedback (1:05)
- 34. Delivering Final Files (7:23)
- Quiz: Partnering with The Client
- 35. Conclusion (1:39)
- Final Quiz
Award-winning graphic designer and educator at the School of Visual Arts with 10+ years of experience.
We’re bombarded by logos every day. They’re ubiquitous, but how many are truly successful? This course is for anyone who wants to get a leg up on the competition by learning how to create memorable, eye-catching, and strategically-sound logos. I’m offering a sure-fire process that will enable you to confidently move towards the finish line without ever hitting a roadblock — regardless of skill, talent, or experience level. We’ll look at examples of great historical and contemporary logos. I’ll share tips, tools, techniques, resources, and best practices. We’ll cover how to get started, navigating client relationships, and proper file handoffs. Most importantly, I’ll provide a framework for concept generation that will give your creative mind the structure and freedom to soar to new heights.
great types I love this course
I am feeling like a best and creative logo designer after getting this lecture
Strongly recommend to watch it.
This course was impressive. The instructor was very clear and easy to understand. I learned a lot of new things that will help me to become a better designer and improve my workflow. I would definitely recommend this course.
I just love this one. Awesome course and instructor. I must buy if he come with another course. Thank you very much.
Great course, thanks!
Interesting course for beginners
Very helpful, thanks.
Will be very helpful for the begginers! Thanks for the course.
Great tips and tricks