Symbol Design for Branding
This badge will appear on your profile once you complete this course.
Course Syllabuschapter 1
- 1. Getting Started (0:50)
- Course Downloads
- 2. What Is A Symbol (1:06)
- 3. Types of Brandmarks (1:48)
- 4. Identity Systems (3:29)
- 5. Minimalism Vs Abstraction (2:08)
- 6. What Makes A Good Symbol (2:27)
- 7. Aesthetic Terminology (1:15)
- 8. Other Things To Keep In Mind (2:26)
- 9. Book Recomendations (0:48)
- 10. Your Project (0:52)
- Quiz: Overview
Clarifying Your Intent
- 11. Setting the Stage (0:24)
- 12. Knowing Your Client (1:31)
- 13. Generating Key Ideas (3:28)
- 14. Moodboards (2:59)
- Quiz: Clarifying Your Intent
- 15. The Designer's Approach to Drawing (0:37)
- 16. Free Sketching (3:57)
- 17. Illustrating With Shapes
- 18. Thinking With Grids
- 19. Customizing Type
- 20. Building Letterforms From Scratch (7:09)
- Quiz: Techniques
Finishing With Character
- 21. Adding Life To Your Concepts (0:19)
- 22. Tightening Up (7:35)
- 23. Stylistic Variations (1:34)
- 24. Building Out A Set (2:01)
- 25. Pairing With Type (2:22)
- 26. Mocking Up (2:08)
- 27. Presenting the Line-Up (1:03)
- 28. Pitch Deck Completed (0:25)
- Quiz: Finishing With Character
- 29. Summary (0:47)
- Final Quiz
Brand identity designer with experience working on brands like Nike, Fender and Oakley.
Learn how to create symbols for brand identities that succinctly allow people to understand your brand right away. This class will equip you with very practical techniques to create beautiful, functional and recognizable symbols. You'll also gain a basic understanding of how symbols work with abstraction and storytelling within a brand.
One awesome course. Need it's next part or like this one.
the course is easy to follow
This course is a good addition in techniques, skills and the process of symbol design. Thank you
A simple but interesting course. Short but explanatory videos. Excellent, recommended!
Nice course. It was clear and easy to understand. Definitely recommend it for designers who are wanting to improve their workflow and quality of work. I'm gonna start applying the things I learnt in this course today.