30-day money-back guarantee
Unlimited access, anywhere, anytime
Learn from hand-vetted instructors, experts in their field
This badge will showcase your new expertise on your profile page after completing the course. Cool, right?.
Course SyllabusChapter 1
- 1. Introduction (1:41)
- Exercise Files - From Shapes to Complex & Beautiful Illustrations
- 2. Basic Concept of the Course (0:59) Free
- 3. Examples and Applications (0:39)
- 4. Process Overview (1:44)
- Quiz - Introduction
- 5. Concept Development (9:11)
- 6. Tips for Pencil Sketch (18:11)
- 7. Shape Tool Basics (6:58)
- 8. Shape Tool Advance (8:35)
- 9. How to Control Shapes by Different Movements (4:49)
- 10. How to Control Shapes By Reflect Skew and Rotate Tools to Create Complex Shapes (5:44)
- 11. Combine Multiple Shapes with Pathfinder Tool (4:19)
- 12. Create Complex Shapes with Pathfinder Tool (6:50)
- Quiz - Getting Started
Case Study 1: Stand Alone Graphic
- 13. Case Study 1 Overview (Stand Alone Design) (2:04)
- 14. Creating an Environment for Converting the Pencil Sketch into Editable Vector Graphic (3:29)
- 15. Create a Group of Shapes to be Used as a Base of the Illustration (13:02)
- 16. How to Introduce Large Medium and Small Design Elements to the Overall Design to Achieve Depth and More Detailed Result (5:43)
- 17. Adding Colors (11:11)
- 18. How to Fine Tune the Design and Finalize It (3:27)
- 19. Exercise (0:51)
- Quiz - Case Study 1: Stand Alone Graphic
Case Study 2: Illustrative Pattern
- 20. Case Study 2 Overview (Illustrative Pattern) (1:41)
- 21. Creating an Environment for Converting the Pencil Sketch into Editable Vector Graphic (1:38)
- 22. Create a Small Unit of Complex Shapes to Use as a Base of the Whole Illustration (14:00)
- 23. How to Introduce Large Medium and Small Design Elements to the Overall Design to Achieve Depth and More Detailed Result (1:49)
- 24. How to Introduce Foreground Middle and Background Elements to the Overall Design to Achieve More Depth (9:55)
- 25. Adding Colors (7:27)
- 26. How to Fine Tune the Design and Finalize It (6:38)
- Quiz - Case Study 2: Illustrative Pattern
- 27. Conclusion (0:59)
- Final Quiz
By Junichi Tsuneoka
Graphic design and illustration expert, with leading clients such as Google, Nike and Adidas.
- 27 Videos
- 2.6 Hours
In this course, you’ll learn about how any simple shape can be enhanced to become an intricate illustration by understanding and applying basic design principles. This course is perfect for individuals who have learned the basics of Adobe Illustrator and want to brush up their illustrative design skills. You'll learn how to take advantage of the tools to create effective illustrations with an efficient workflow. By the end of the course, you’ll have all the skills needed to add your own style to any design and create something original and effective.
The knowledge is amazing, the layout of information is well organized and the price is affordable.
I recommend this online class!
I did not like this course. In my opinion the value is negligible compared to Fundamentals and Mastery courses.
It's Really Helpful. I am happy but How to download this video for future see.
This is a very good course, I really enjoyed and learn a lot from the course.
Very complete course, you can see every step of the process, starting from the concept to the final work. It's very interesting to see how Junichi is handling the project!
nice course. learned new things.
A very interesting course that shows how complex, unique and particular designs can come to life from small simple geometric shapes. The two case histories are also very interesting. Recommended!
I learned new techniques about designing in illustrator. I can effectively use these to do a better job for my future clients.
great teaching experts
This course does not target either beginner level or advance level designers. Introduction video is very misleading.
Instructor doesn't go in detail (on the thinking) behind choosing specific design elements in case studies.
Just shows you how to place an image in illustrator and how to trace it (which most designers here already know how to do).
Knowledge shared about colors is very basic and nothing new.
If you are buying this course to learn about instructor's process behind creating these images (in detail), don't purchase it.
Videos are not polished and introduction video is very misleading.
A bit confusing in some parts of the course.