30-day money-back guarantee
Unlimited access, anywhere, anytime
Learn from hand-vetted instructors, experts in their field
This badge will appear on your profile once you complete this course.
Course SyllabusChapter 1
Introduction to WordPress.com
- 1. Welcome (2:56)
- Course Resources
- 2. What is WordPress? (1:35)
- Quiz: Introduction to WordPress.com
Building A Foundation
- 3. Defining Your Site’s Goals (2:46) Free
- 4. Preparing Your Content (2:57)
- 5. Content Strategy and Sales Funnels (2:59)
- 6. Content Development & SEO (5:03)
- Learn more about how to create amazing content for your website
- 7. Wireframe (1:31)
- Quiz: Building A Foundation
Building Your WordPress.com Site
- 8. Creating an Account (2:23)
- 9. Adding Content (2:32)
- Design your awesome website graphics with a Fiverr professional
- 10. Media Library (2:32)
- Quiz: Building Your WordPress.com Site
Designing Your WordPress.com Site
- 11. Selecting a Theme (3:27)
- 12. Customizing Your Theme (9:42)
- 13. Widgets (5:04)
- 14. Ready to Launch (0:48)
- Need help with building your WordPress website?
- Quiz: Designing Your WordPress.com Site
After the Launch
- 15. Get Noticed
- Learn more about how your new website can get noticed
- 16. Security and Your Wordpress.com Site (5:51)
- 17. Your New WordPress.com Site (9:34)
- Quiz: After the Launch
- 18. Conclusion (1:04)
- Final Quiz
By Marjorie Asturias
WordPress.com Expert with 10+ Years Working with Small Businesses and Freelancers.
- 18 Videos
- 1.6 Hours
WordPress is the perfect software for non-programmers and anyone else who wants to build a website from scratch without having to know how anything about coding. In this course you'll learn how to use the powerful WordPress.com platform to set up your website, with step-by-step instructions on how to add content including pages and blog posts; select and customize a beautiful theme; add widgets and plugins to further expand your site's features; connect it to your social networks; and upload media, including videos and images, to enhance the style and mood of your site. You'll also learn the basics of search engine optimization (SEO) to boost your site's visibility and how to use WordPress.com's analytics to generate more traffic to your site. By the end of the course, you'll have created and launched a full website and blog (optional, but highly recommended!).
Great and very easy to follow. The quiz questions are an excellent test of my knowledge.
i love her teaching method
Too basic. I was looking for something a bit more in depth
This course is more focused on Audience and Marketing than the Actual Details of Wordpress. Contents of this course are fairly basic and not in-depth. If you have a good understanding of how internet works you can pretty much figure this stuff out by yourself. There are few tips that you can take from this course but they are more for SEO then for Wordpress.
Great course indeed. It helps me a lot both on wordpress.com and wordpress.org.
It was good . But it covers mostly the basic things . Would love it if I could see some advanced website development guide
Outstanding course now happy Let Us Know What You Thought About:
Build A Professional Website With WordPress.Com nice
A decent WordPress course that is focused on beginners but is a good review for more experienced users as well.