30-day money-back guarantee
Unlimited access, anywhere, anytime
Learn from hand-vetted instructors, experts in their field
This badge will appear on your profile once you complete this course.
Course SyllabusChapter 1
Chapter 1: Introduction
- 1. Getting Started (1:13)
- 2. Working with Iulia David (2:13)
Chapter 2: Tools & Techniques
- 3. Manual Frequency Separation (9:57) Free
- 4. The Frequency Separation Action (11:38)
- 5. Brush Tool (20:40)
- 6. Healing Brush Tool (7:23)
- 7. Blur Technique (12:50)
- 8. Clone Stamp Tool (9:32)
- 9. Small Scale and Large Scale Retouching (36:25)
- Quiz: Chapter 2: Tools & Techniques
Chapter 3:Beauty Portrait #1
- 10. Small Details (21:36)
- 11. Large Details (32:20)
- 12. Dodge and Burn (18:16)
- 13.Color Correction (24:50)
- 14. Sharpening and Saving Out Multiple Versions (10:48)
- Quiz: Chapter 3:Beauty Portrait #1
Chapter 4: Beauty Portrait #2
- 15. Small Details (15:42)
- 16. Large Details (11:26)
- 17. Additional Retouch and Clean Up (17:57)
- 18. Dodge and Burn (15:34)
- 19. Color Correction and Enhancement (13:51)
- 20. Finishing Touches and Sharpening (10:32)
- Quiz: Chapter 4: Beauty Portrait #2
Chapter 5: Beauty Portrait #3
- 21. Small Details (9:29)
- 22. Large Details (22:00)
- 23.Additional Retouch and Cleanup (14:16)
- 24. Dodge and Burn (19:37)
- 25. Color Correction (26:29)
- 26. Finishing Touches and Sharpening (4:39)
- Quiz: Chapter 5: Beauty Portrait #3
Chapter 6: Wrap-Up
- 27. What's Next (0:51)
- Final Quiz
By Aaron Nace
Aaron Nace is the founder of PHLEARN and the world’s leading Photoshop educator with over 1.5 million subscribers on YouTube and clients such as Adobe, GrubHub, and Sony.
- 27 Videos
- 6.7 Hours
Professional retouchers know how to help their subjects look great, all while protecting the natural details that make that person unique. But how do they do it? With Frequency Separation retouching! Learn to remove blemishes, smooth out skin tones, and help people look their very best in any photograph. Mastering the most powerful skill in retouching has never been easier.
I found this course helpful in so many ways. It walks you through all of the techniques and you can learn at your own pace. I liked how it repeated the techniques on different example images so you can get a feel of how the frequency separation works in lots of different scenarios.
I love watching people who are experts in their art form and he certainly is that! And he is a great teacher as well. However, the course is FULL of repetition of a few techniques. Everything I gleaned in this course was covered in the first module.
Very interesting and fully impressive of information
i rely enjoy in this course its a good course you should take it
A good course on using some photoshop tools. Very nice to watch the 3 tutorials and to see Aaron at work. The videos are a bit long and repetitive, but at least the mechanisms and the suggestions enter the working process :)
Recommended, but not as a first choice compared to other his video!
Good course, very informative and straight-forward. The music intro for each section got a little repetitive, but overall I enjoyed this course a lot.
Many thanks! Very informative course, definitely recommend!
I look forward to your other courses :)
great course. very informative
I was doing frequency separation for a long time. But surprisingly this course helped me to get to know about a different and more advanced method. Aaron is a great instructor with a pleasant and clear teaching method. I have followed few of the fiverr learn courses. Honestly all of them helped me to improve my skills. Hope to follow few others in this month.
loving it! Thank you
This is a best course I ever had in my life, I've learned a lot of important things about retouching. Highly recommend for anyone those who need to become expert in portrait retouching. love the course......!
It's an excellent course. I have learned a lot of new things thank you.
I loved the course and learned amazing retouching techniques! Highly recommend it!. Thank you, Aaron, for passing on your knowledge!!!
Super Informative and Details.