30-day money-back guarantee
Unlimited access, anywhere, anytime
Learn from hand-vetted instructors, experts in their field
This badge will appear on your profile once you complete this course.
Course SyllabusChapter 1
Chapter 1: Introduction
- 1. Intro video (01:30)
- Downloadable Resources
Chapter 2: After Effects Basics
- 2. Understand the After Effects Workspace (05:39)
- 3. Starting a New Composition (08:16)
- 4. CC 2018 Update - Starting a New Composition from Footage (01:55)
- 5. Adding Media to Your Project and the Timeline (05:08)
- 6. Using the Basic After Effects Tools (10:21)
- 7. Create a Perfect Circle, Alignment, and Shape Colors (03:05)
- 8. Working in the Timeline (11:00)
- 9. Layer Properties (08:57) Free
- Quiz: After Effects Basics
Chapter 3: Animating with Keyframes
- 10. Animating in After Effects (07:35)
- 11. Position, Scale, and Rotation Animations (05:18)
- 12. Tips to Make Your Animations Look More Nautral (04:22)
- 13. Using the Graph Editor (05:32)
- 14. Challenge - Bouncing Ball (01:01)
- 15. Solution - Bouncing Ball (20:20)
- Quiz: Animating with Keyframes
Chapter 4: Shapes and Solid Layers
- 16. Working with Solid Layers and the Ken Burns Effects (07:07)
- 17. Working with Shape Layers, Strokes, and Paths (06:24)
- 18. Adding Layer Styles like Drop Shadow, Bevel, and Gradients (03:45)
- 19. Shape Effects - Trim Path Animations, Wiggle, and Zig Zag (05:54)
- Quiz: Shapes and Solid Layers
Chapter 5: Important After Effects Skills
- 20. Track Matte Animations - Make Layers Appear and Disappear (08:38)
- 21. Using Pre-Compositions to Group Layers (05:35)
- 22. Easily Reverse Complicated Animations (02:15)
- 23. Playing with Time (05:55)
- 24. Blend Modes (06:05)
- 25. Stabilize Shaky Footage (04:04)
- 26. CC 2018 Update - Previewing and Favoriting Fonts (00:46)
- 27. CC 2019 Update - Responsive Design Time (03:37)
- Quiz: Important After Effects Skills
Chapter 6: Motion Graphics Projects
- 28. Intro to Motion Graphics Projects (00:54)
- 29. Clean Lower Third (09:22)
- 30. Logo Reveal Animation Bumper (13:25)
- 31. Colorful Transition (17:00)
- 32. Text with Mask Path Animation (10:06)
- 33. Text Bubble Animation (13:40)
- 34. Weather App 1 (16:41)
- 35. Weather App 2 (08:22)
- 36. Weather App 3 (06:59)
- Quiz: Motion Graphics Projects
Chapter 7: Flat Animation Challenge
- 37. Flat Animation Challenge (02:48)
- 38. Phil Designs his Flat Animation Scene (12:40)
- 39. Animating Fireworks with the Repeater Effect (15:02)
Chapter 8: Flat Animation Challenge
- 40. Removing Green Screen Background (06:47)
- 41. Adding a Background that Matches the Foreground (07:55)
- 42. Adding Motion to a Still Image with the Puppet Tool (06:27)
- 43. Adding Movement with the Ripple Effect (06:08)
- Quiz: Flat Animation Challenge
Chapter 9: Green Screen (Chromakeying)
- 44. Intro to 3D (10:04)
- 45. Swinging 3D Text Animation (12:11)
- 46. Build Out Your 3D Composition (05:47)
- 47. Animating Our 3D Scene (07:39)
- 48. Create Stars in After Effects (05:11)
- Quiz: Green Screen (Chromakeying)
Chapter 10: 3D Animations and the Camera Tool
- 49. Using the Rotoscope Tool (06:56)
- 50. Cleaning Up Your Edges (07:22)
- 51. Finishing Our Rotobrush Animation (07:34)
- Quiz: 3D Animations and the Camera Tool
Chapter 11: Rotoscoping
- 52. Easy Screen Replacement with Masks (09:56)
- 53. Replacing a Screen Version 2 (13:50)
- 54. Screen Replacement with Mocha (08:14)
- 55. CC 2019 Update - Native Mocha AE Plugin (05:08)
- Quiz: Rotoscoping
Chapter 12: Screen Replacements
- 56. Using the Puppet Pin Tool (04:34)
- 57. Animating Your Puppet Pins (03:05)
- 58. Animated Blinking Eyes (08:21)
- 59. Adding Perspective with Animated Clouds (07:10)
- 60. CC 2018 Update - Advanced Puppet Pin Tool (02:08)
- Quiz: Screen Replacements
Chapter 13: Puppet Tool Animations
- 61. Applying Text Animation Presets (05:59)
- 62. Create a Page Turn Effect with CC Page Turn (10:06)
- 63. Radial and Linear Wipes (03:20)
- 64. Color Correction in After Effects (03:34)
- 65. CC 2019 Update - Selective Color Adjustments (03:25)
- Quiz: Puppet Tool Animations
Chapter 14: Motion Tracking
- 66. Motion Tracking Basics (09:51)
- 67. Tracking Text and Visual Effects to Video Clip (06:21)
- 68. Tracking Rotation and Scale (11:34)
- 69. Adding Details to Our Text (04:04)
- Quiz: Motion Tracking
Chapter 15: Character Animations
- 70. Intro to Character Animations (01:31)
- 71. Design Your Character (14:32)
- 72. Rigging Your Character (02:50)
- 73. Animating Our Character (09:56)
- 74. Adding the Animated Background (09:12)
- 75. Adding Details to Character Movement (07:21)
- 76. Adding the Paper Cut Out Look (05:30)
- Quiz: Character Animations
Chapter 16: Exporting from After Effects
- 77. Exporting an H264 File from After Effects (07:04)
- 78. Exporting from After Effects with a Transparent Background (04:03)
- 79. Exporting from After Effects through Adobe Media Encoder (04:40)
- 80. CC 2018 Update - Exporting an Animated GIF from Adobe Media Encoder (02:14)
- 81. Create an Animated GIF from After Effects CC 2017 (07:04)
Chapter 17: After Effects Workflow & Tips
- 82. Audio Tips for After Effects (03:21)
- 83. Working with Premiere Pro (05:54)
- Quiz: After Effects Workflow & Tips
Chapter 18: Expressions
- 84. Expressions Basics (07:24)
- 85. Animate a Flickering Light with Expressions (17:35)
- Quiz: Expressions
Chapter 19: Conclusion
- 86. Conclusion (00:44)
- Final Quiz
By Philip Ebiner
Professional video creator & photographer teaching over 1 million students creative skills.
Join this Adobe After Effects CC course to have fun while learning quickly!
If you are looking to make your videos better, adding motion graphics and visual effects is the way to do that. After Effects CC is used by professionals across the world for every type of production from business & marketing videos, music videos to documentaries, feature films. This full course is the best way to jump right in and start making your own videos come to life.
Make videos the way you imagine them!
Practice while you learn. This course includes practice files so you can follow along and actually learn by doing.
By the end of the course, you'll have finished dozens of real world projects to build your confidence.
I'll be teaching the course using the Creative Cloud version, but if you have a previous version (CS6, CS5, etc - Mac or PC), you can still learn with this course.
What's this course all about?
Get ready to create motion graphics that will improve your video quality. If you've always wanted to learn how to use video effects and create custom motion graphics, you can learn After Effects CC right now.
Practice lessons will get you motivated and moving to your goals.
The lessons are meant to teach you how to think like a motion graphics/video effects artist. After Effects is a robust tool that is capable of creating almost any video effect out there. You'll learn all of the basics, intermediate, and some advanced techniques, from working with shapes, text, and textures to video effects, transitions, and 3d camera.
Here is a glimpse of what we'll be covering:
Getting comfortable with After Effects CC
Starting a new composition
Using the basic tools
Working in the After Effects CC timeline
Adding shape and text layers
Animating position, scale, rotation, and opacity
Working with shape layers and masks
Real world projects such as lower thirds and bumpers
Motion graphics principles and best practices
Using video effects and presets to speed up workflow
Green screen and chromakey removal
Visual effects and rotoscoping
Motion tracking and video stabilization
Creating unique transitions
Exporting your projects
and so much more!
Knowing After Effects CC is a great skill to have that is in demand and highly marketable. I've landed many jobs with the skills that I teach you in this course.
Go ahead and click the enroll button, and I'll see you in lesson 1!
There is a typing error in question "To blue the edges of a mask, what would you do?" in quiz of Chapter 2. May I ask you to correct it to "To blur the edges of a mask, what would you do?" because correct answer is to change value of feather mask property.
There is a wrong name of Chapter 9 in course. It is "Chapter 9: Green Screen (Chromakeying) but lessons relate to 3D animation in this chapter.
Further. When I continued the course I realised that chapter names after Chapter 9 do not correspond to lessons in it. It is probably shifted.
I Really like this Course. I've come to appreciate Phil's style.
His way of explaining makes it really easy to understand !
Everything is clear, easy to repeat and contains only necessary and useful information. I enjoyed this course a lot and it's much more than I expected.
Strongly thanks to Philip Ebiner.
learned lots of cool tips and tricks about motion graphics.recommended for beginners.
it's very helpful for beginner